So, it’s been one of those days at work when things just aren’t going as planned. Or, maybe, a personality conflict with a colleague is causing you to feel disgruntled more than you’d care to admit. Whether it’s a major issue or just a case of the Monday morning blues, you need to find your happy place… Now.
The Muse has thirty-seven great ideas to keep you smiling at work; today, tomorrow and well into next year! We’re going to highlight a dozen for you.
- Bring in a bouquet… bring two! It’s amazing what a difference fresh flowers on a desk make in one’s mood. Share the happy vibe and bring some for the break room, too!
- Do a little dance. Plug-in to your playlist and groove for a song or two throughout your day. Some co-workers may join you!
- Take a walk outside. Ahhh… The fresh air is invigorating.
- A drink of water does wonders for your outlook. Staying hydrated is just one benefit of drinking water. It’s not only healthy, but keeps you clear-headed.
- Flash those pearly whites. When we smile (even if it’s forced), the brain recognizes the action associated as being an enjoyable experience. Who knew?
- Brew your coffee at home. It saves you money, a happy thought in itself! It’s waiting for you when you stumble into the kitchen. And… Drum roll, please! You will have time for a quick workout. Talk about boosting your energy level! Caffeine and a workout? Look out!
- Help out a co-worker. Whether it’s something office related or an after work project, lending a helping hand makes you feel good.
- Get a work buddy. Number 7 would be a great place to start!
- Get yourself a mug that makes you…
- Laugh. Whether it’s at a saying on a mug or sharing an anecdote at the water cooler, laughter is good for the soul.
- Do not make a habit of taking your work home. Yes, there is sometimes an unavoidable circumstance, but the norm should be quitting time means quitting time.
- Get a new hair style. We thought we’d end with a tip of our own. We know a thing or two about happy! ? It feels pretty good to get a new look. That’s going to carry over into every aspect of your life.
That’s twelve, but we thought we’d leave you with a baker’s dozen. ? Which, by the way… do you wonder if that was, initially, someone’s attempt to erase the negative connotation linked with the number thirteen? A free donut! Now, that’s sharing some happiness!
If you are consistently feeling dissatisfied or unhappy at your workplace, it might be time to move on. Life’s to short to spend a huge portion of your day wishing you were somewhere else.
Take these tips and run with them! Happiness is contagious!