How to Approach Unhappy Customers
If you are a customer service representative, you are going to have to deal with clients who are unhappy.
Here are some steps to take to deal with unhappy clients.
- First, think about the situation from their perspective.Upset clients can bring out the bad side in the best of us. However, it is imperative that the company representative takes a minute to understand that the client is upset at the situation, not the person on the other end of the phone.
- Then, be sure to really listen to what they have to say.Most of the time, clients simply want to be heard by an understanding ear. Ask clarifying questions and apologize for the inconvenience of the situation.
- Next, apologize and be empathetic.Clients want to know that their feelings are important and that you are hearing their concerns. Don’t be afraid to apologize before you try to make it all right.
- Afterward, find a solution to the problem.The best way to change unhappy clients into happy ones is by finding a solution that works for both of you. If you think that you know how to do it, offer your suggestion. If not, maybe ask the customer how you can make it better.
- And finally, after your client is happy, it is time to figure out what you did wrong and how you can do better.Perhaps your services are not as good as they can be. Maybe your products are not the highest quality. Make the changes needed to stop this problem from happening again.
In conclusion, unhappy clients are going to appear. That is business. And that is life. However, by dealing with them quickly and efficiently, you can have unhappy clients become happy and continue to work with you. Note the resolved problem to avoid it again in the future.